Thursday 25 July 2013

Commuting... IT ISNT BAD!

I remember the summer before my first year at York University. I was uber upset about being a commuter! The idea of living on residence, and having the "on campus experience" was so appealing. Unfortunately, costs and the fact that I lived close enough prevented me from getting that opportunity.

I know I'm not the only one! Almost everyday I hear students say "unfortunately no", when asked whether they would be living on campus or not. However I am here to say... ITS NOT BAD! Want to know why? York University has provided me with so many opportunities that I can definitely say I had the "on campus" experience during my first year!

Clubs, sports, college councils, and working on campus have all contributed to what I call "the best first year experience possible" and it was all while being a commuter!

Don't believe me? These pictures show all the fun stuff I got a chance to do ON CAMPUS during my FIRST YEAR! ;)

The week that started it all! Vanier Frosh Week 2009!

My RAGE DODGEBALL team!


Rage dodgeball in action!

Vanier College Council! I joined as a First Year Rep

On campus event: SKATING!

ROCKCLIMBING hosted by my college

End of year FORMAL!
As you can see, you can have just as much fun as resident students even if you are a commuter. In fact... being a commuter, you get extra benefits like getting your laundry done and having your lunch made ;)

Now go out there and find some clubs, and councils you want to be involved with!!!

Until Next Time, I'll be Yorking Around,





0 comments:

Post a Comment

YuConnect