Friday 15 June 2012

Don't Let This Concrete Jungle Fool You!

York has over 50 buildings on 457 acres of land, making us a huge concrete jungle! But don't let that fool you, as York does still have some awesome sights. I'm going to let you in on a secret: York has a pond! Now I know, I know, I know it may seem like it's "just" a Pond, but at a big campus such as York it is not to be taken for granted.

The pond that we have on campus- also known as Stong Pond- is one of my favourite places on campus. Located behind the Health Nursing & Environmental Studies Building, it's one of the only places where you can get away from the hustle and bustle on campus to:
- be alone
- relax
- take a few breaths of fresh air
- listen to the birds chirp
- de-stress
It's also my favourite place to jog by every morning!

The Stong Pond (pretty eh?)
It doesn't stop there, as there is also a HUGE family of ducks that can always be found at the Pond taking a swim, walking around, or feeding their adorable baby ducks! They can also sometimes cause a little traffic when they cross the the nearby Pond Road (I know, totally original name), but they are so cute it's hard to stay mad while your waiting for them to cross.

The ducks that live at the Stong Pond

Everyone NEEDS to stop by the Stong Pond at York cause it will be totally worth it, and you'll feel so great after you do. One rule though: you have to invite me! :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

YuConnect