Monday 27 January 2014

Holy Moly... Its Time to Graduate?! Part 2

Its January which means I've been focusing a lot on:
1. JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!
2. How I want to do my hair and makeup for my graduation picture (its this week!)

3. Keeping up those marks of course!

Although summer may seem like its long ways away, its important to start thinking about employment opportunities NOW (even if you are an undergraduate student, but especially if you're graduating). Many employers are looking for students and new grads to hire for the summer around this time of year.

So what have I been doing to prepare for this stressful, uncertain, yet exciting time?



UPDATE MY RESUME
My resume isn't something I update regularly until Im looking for a new job therefore polishing, editing, adding, and taking away is something I have been focusing on lately. If you're not sure how to go about making your resume, the Career Centre is a good place to check out, and on that topic...

CHECK OUT THE CAREER CENTRE
The Career Centre can help with everything and anything that has to do with your career or job search! They offer workshops, one on one appointments, mock interviews, tips to sharpen your resume, etc! If you are searching for a job for this summer, the Career Centre has GOT to be one of your stops! P.S. You can use their services for up to 2 years after you've graduated!

Career Centre: Located at McLaughlin College, room 202

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH
There are job postings out there, we just gotta find em! I like to be positive during job searching, in fact my motto has been "just keep applying, just keep applying". Google search the heck out of your interests, scroll through pages upon pages of job postings, use the career centre, use different employment websites- PUT IN THE TIME AND EFFORT (and I am sure it will pay off).

And hopefully... eventually... THIS will be me...

... a girl can hope ;)

How are you preparing yourself for the summer whether you are a continuing student or a graduate?

Until Next Time, I'll be Yorking Around,











0 comments:

Post a Comment

YuConnect