Monday 11 November 2013

Holy Moly... Its Time to GRADUATE?! Part 1

The title says it all. My almost 5 years at York University are almost coming to an end and it's definitely  a bitter sweet feeling. It's a cliche but it honestly feels like yesterday when I was getting a ride to Frosh Week from my mom, but here we are now- and Im getting ready to graduate!


This blog post is the first of a mini-series which will continue throughout the year. It will give you an insight into the things I as a graduating student in June 2014 (knock on wood- don't wanna jinx it at this point!).

Keep checking back either as a graduate who wants to make sure their doing everything they need to in order to graduate for June, or as a student who wants to know what they will be needing to do- sooner than one might think.

It's November so here's a few things I've been doing to get prepared for June 2014:

1. Apply To Graduate

I'd say this is probably the most important step! How are you gonna graduate without letting York know you want to graduate? The process to apply to graduate is all online and super straight forward- all it takes is a few clicks. You can apply here and make sure to do it ASAP because the deadline to apply is JANUARY 31, 2014 (if you want to graduate for June 2014)

Applying to Graduate!


2. Book Your Glamorous Photo Shoot

Ok, maybe it might not be all that glamorous, however I think it's a pretty important picture so booking it sooner rather then later is smart! You should get an email from your College or Faculty to book your photo shoot however if not, you can get information here. I've booked mine and it's coming up in December!
Guess what... You can add in props to your photo shoot!
No, not me (I wish), but its my clever friend Eleni!

3. Keep Up Those Marks!

Since its my last year, the pressure is on to keep up my marks! There is no more "next year" so it's now or never (ok, maybe thats a little too dramatic but you get the point). 

Well said inspirational photo! 

4. Make a "Last" Academic Advising Appointment 

You might want to do this earlier than November, however I made one a few days ago just to make sure I've done or am doing all the classes I need to graduate from the program I would like (and I;m happy to say i'm on the path to graduation). Making a last academic advising appointment will help ensure you're right on track, and will ease your mind a little! 

That sums about all that needs to be done for graduation so far! Keep checking back to stay in the loop on my journey to graduation!

Until next Time, I'll be Yorking Around, 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

YuConnect